Saturday, July 7, 2018

KAUSERN REVIEWS TOP MOVIES OF 2018 (SO FAR)

Due to work commitment, I've not been watching many movies this year. Moreover, the movies released in Malaysia cinemas during the first half of the year were a mixed bag. So instead of my usual Top 10, I give you a Top 5 (they are rated 8.5 and above).

Do click on each title to read the full review of the movie. 


What I remember most about this movie is not the typical superhero movie stuff but its characters and its political message. And that's a good thing. Wakanda Forever! 


I like how the filmmakers took risk in this 5th installment (of the Jurassic series) and spun it to a brand new direction. This film managed to successfully mix nostalgia with a new story.


A film where God's grace does not exist and the path to redemption is fully dependent on the characters' own hands. I like the balance of tragedy and dark comedy. This film takes its audience to unpredictable places.


 
A worthy follow-up from the first film as it expands its universe of drug and human trafficking. The 'action sequences' are so well crafted it makes you feel that you're right there and the violence is usually quick, brutal and efficient.    


This film was a spiritual experience for me! It felt like watching Armageddon unfolded in-front of me, where the conflicts and battles are of Godly proportions. To me, this is actually Thanos' movie - his higher calling for his madness is intriguing and debatable. And what a ballsy ending! No evil "ha ha ha" gloating. Just like that, it was all over. 

Looking forward for a better second half!

No comments:

Post a Comment